On Wednesday, 23 March 2016 at 12:04:19 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
Actually, the D forums can be quite hostile at times, but it doesn't last for a very long.

I've actually spent years of my life studying social interaction on the internet and virtual worlds, academically. So you will most likely fail to engage me at a level where I can learn anything from your "citations".

What exactly are you trying to tell me? That programmers are somehow outcasts, by what definition? Even if it was true, then maybe it would be the other way around, given that system level programming is an extremely time consuming activity.

Oh, what I was posting weren't citations either obviously. That was the point: we could argue both ways. Either way - it don't matter.

And yes, I'm saying that the world of programming has a history of accepting "weird" people. That's partially because we have a clear measurment: either your stuff works or it doesn't. No need for identity wars. Computing was dominated by women after the ww2, it was shifted towards men later on. Maybe it will shift back. Who cares - we all have so much in common as programmers that it doesn't really matter which parts of your body hang down.