On Saturday, 19 March 2016 at 13:46:14 UTC, Anonymouse wrote:
On Saturday, 19 March 2016 at 13:23:55 UTC, Bauss wrote:
Looking at C++14 and the proposed features for C++17 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B17

It looks a lot like C++ is trying to become similar to D.

I believe that shows D's design pattern has been superior to C++'s from the start and there's no way C++ will ever be able to implement the same features of D in the same smooth and "user-friendly" behavior.

What's your opinion?

A much more common take on it is "why use D at all now that C++ is getting similar features", ignoring convenience.

(I don't subscribe to it.)

Just that awesome new features are planned, doesn't mean they get implemented. On of mine, and i think also of many other cpp programmsters, highly anticipated features are C++ Modules. We are waiting years already to get to a usable solution ... yet nothing has integrated into the cpp standard :3

D on the other hand has all those awesome features, and D has them now. Sometimes it's a little rough on the edges, but in general it's really great *.* I hope D will start to grow faster. And seeing it currently at Tiobe index rank 20 makes me hope that it will be way more widespread in future.

<3 D ftw xD