On 03/24/2016 12:50 PM, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
On 24/03/2016 09:16, Walter Bright wrote:

We're doing just fine with NNTP and Vladimir's forum software.

Using old communication software like NNTP is one example of that.
Compare with Rust's Discourse.

The only thing wrong with NNTP is that it isn't trend/hipster-compliant. We have better things to deal with than endless Fire and Motion: http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000339.html

Not understanding the importance of package managers is another (DUB
still not part of official distro?) Compare with Rust's Cargo.

Dub does need work. It's great for simpler projects and libs, but it's still next-to-useless for anything that JUST wants to participate in the package repository and uses a different build system (or even rdmd for that matter). There's some other issues as well. I've spent a lot of time and effort trying to fix that, but it's been an exhausting uphill battle, both technically and politically.