On 03/28/2016 01:21 PM, WebFreak001 wrote:

You are right, i forgot Qt/KDE guys. KDE uses Qt for their programs and
stuff but GNOME and the Ubuntu team and most desktop environments do use
GTK instead of Qt. Qt is more common on OS X and Windows than on linux.
I guess there will never be an absolute winner to something because
there are always people using something different.

Win and Mac:
Qt looks native.

Linux/KDE:
Qt is native.

Linux/GNOME (and any other Linux DE based on GTK):
Use the QGtkStyle theme:
<https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Uniform_look_for_Qt_and_GTK_applications#QGtkStyle>
It's a theme for Qt that *uses* GTK to render, therefore actually being native. (I've never actually used it though, since I think native GTK/GNOME/etc looks visually awful regardless of theme. And those file dialogs, ugh! Wish I could nuke those from my entire system.)

Note that an equivalent of QGtkStyle which goes the other way (rendering GTK programs using Qt) is no longer possible since GTK recently eliminated non-CSS themes (in a point release, no less).

Therefore, Qt *is* the absolute winner here. It's basically native everywhere. GTK isn't, and without a major policy reversal, cannot be.