On Thursday, 21 April 2016 at 03:09:43 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 April 2016 at 23:51:41 UTC, Seb wrote:
Honestly I prefer 1) - the changelog entry can be approved & checked during the code review on Github and the reviewers can check that such an addition is provided in the PR. On a new release we can just cat the files and remove them - having a short and long description is easy too: `mychange.short.dd` and `mychange.long.dd`. One can simply `cat *.short.dd *.long.dd` to get the full changelog. Btw grouping of similar changes is automatically done by the filenames.

Agreed.

I opened a PR for this - https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4228/files :)