On Tuesday, 17 May 2016 at 20:34:17 UTC, Manuel König wrote:
> What I want to do is to tell dub that erupted should depend > on xcb-d in my project's dub.json, is that possible?

I am not very confident with dub, but think that it would not work. Maybe you ask in the dub forum?

[...]

Another way would be, and I think I'll go for it, that I add dub
platform configurations. In your case it would be:
"subConfigurations": { "erupted": "dub_platform_xcb" }
which would add xcb-d as dependency and the relevant xcb-d
modules in erupted.types.d

Sounds reasonable, picking a subconfig is definitely easier to use and implement. I was looking into that too, the only nitpicking I have is that it sounded like you can't select multiple subconfigurations. So for corner cases like having your app support xcb and xlib, a new subconfig has to be added. But I'll have to try that for myself.

Actually that's a good point, I had also some trouble with this behavior as well already. Do you have any suggestions to solve that? One way would be using glfw3 or some other platform abstraction layer and not using platform versions yourself.

On another note, while I like the creative package naming, it may not be very easy for search engines to pick up or recognize by potential
users as vulkan bindings. The project is still new, but
gooogle and duckduckgo don't find erupteD when searching for "dlang vulkan", but they do find derelict-vulkan, d-vulkan and vulkanizeD. I hope I'm just overanalyzing, but I think having vulkan in the name would be good. But I see that we're getting out of naming options
here...

I agree with all your arguments, in particular that last one :-) but I think as long as google and duckduck show that something is happening with vulkan in dland its O.K. Diving deeper and using dub package search for vulkan does list erupted. Additionally I asked vinjn/awesome-vulkan and jcoder58/VulkanResources to list erupted as d binding.