On 05/24/2016 02:03 PM, Thiez wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 May 2016 at 17:14:24 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 05/24/2016 10:39 AM, Gary Willoughby wrote:
On Monday, 23 May 2016 at 16:04:14 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Found this on reddit:
http://blog.00null.net/post/144763147991/using-gnu-m4-as-a-css-pre-processor.

I found it interesting because I found it useful to preprocess our
style.css on dlang.org with ddoc. Somehow that got lost a while ago.
How can I find the rename style.css -> style.css.dd and then back on
github? Thx! -- Andrei

I just want to throw out there that we would get more contributors to
the website were it to use industry standard tools. i.e. Sass, Less,
etc.

That'd need to be balanced with dogfooding. -- Andrei

Is ddoc intended to generate css?

Yes. Ddoc is a general preprocessing engine, much like m4 discussed in the article I mentioned.

Do people who have experience with css
have experience doing this with ddoc?

If they're D contributors they're likely familiar with ddoc, and applicability to css is trivial and immediate.

Will experience in using ddoc for
css generation help someone in projects other than D?

Probably not, but "experience" is misapplied here - we're talking about trivial application here.

Does the
experience help someone getting a job in the industry?

Probably not, again with the same caveat. I speculate experience with one of the other CSS scripting engines would also not be very helpful in landing a job as a software engineer.

I'm pretty sure the answer to all of these answers is "no"

That's not the case, so the jury shall ignore the consequent :o).