On 6/2/16 5:23 PM, Timon Gehr wrote:
On 02.06.2016 22:51, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 06/02/2016 04:50 PM, Timon Gehr wrote:
On 02.06.2016 22:28, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 06/02/2016 04:12 PM, Timon Gehr wrote:
It is not meaningful to compare utf-8 and utf-16 code units directly.

But it is meaningful to compare Unicode code points. -- Andrei

It is also meaningful to compare two utf-8 code units or two utf-16 code
units.

By decoding them of course. -- Andrei

That makes no sense, I cannot decode single code units.

BTW, I guess the reason why char converts to wchar converts to dchar is
that the lower half of code units in char and the lower half of code
units in wchar are code points. Maybe code units and code points with
low numerical values should have distinct types.

Then you lost me. (I'm sure you're making a good point.) -- Andrei