On Wednesday, 27 April 2016 at 12:47:01 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2016-04-27 11:14, Chris wrote:
Something I've wanted to ask for a while: Would it be possible to add version info to the library reference (henceforth)? In Apple's Cocoa API reference they always say since `10.8` etc. which used to be very helpful.

In Swift they even added language support for using different versions of the API's.

I've just had the case where LDC (based on 2.070.2) did not compile code based on Phobos 2.071.1, which is nothing unusual of course. Only it would have been nice, if the function `std.algorithm.maxPos` had had the info "since 2.071.0" attached to it. How am I supposed to know that `maxPos` is new while `minPos` was already available in 2.070.0. It'd make things a bit smoother, especially because not all compilers use the same version of Phobos.