On Wednesday, 29 June 2016 at 22:35:03 UTC, qznc wrote:
However, I'm not sure if "finding reviewers" is the bottleneck?

Not everything applies because Google doesn't host its repo on Github (obviously), but code ownership works very well there. It helps avoid the bystander effect, and encourages casual contributors (like bugfixers) because they know they have a specific person to ping. As long as code ownership is a position of responsibility, not power, I think it's a good idea for most large software projects.