I wonder what the plans are for std.allocator on this, as I would think
it would run into the same issues. Andrei?

emplace only works with accessible constructors. I understand sometimes
it's reasonable to ask for more flexibility, but there are limitations.

Right, but this puts allocators at a lower footing than the GC which has no problem with private ctors. I would have expected to be able to build using allocators and private ctors.

-Steve