On 7/11/2016 7:46 PM, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Monday, 11 July 2016 at 22:09:11 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
at one or more of the factors, Scheme included. Not Prolog either, a
singularly useless, obscure and failed language.

Err... Prolog is in use and has been far more influential on the state
of art

"Prolog and other logic programming languages have not had a significant impact on the computer industry in general."

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolog#Limitations

So, no.

than C++ or D ever will.

I'm afraid that is seriously mistaken about C++'s influence on the state of the art, in particular compile time polymorphism and the work of Igor Stepanov, and D's subsequent influence on C++.

Also, although C++ did not invent OOP, OOP's late 1980s surge in use, popularity, and yes, *influence* was due entirely to C++. I was there, in the center of that storm. Other languages fell all over themselves to add OOP extensions due to this. Java, Pascal, C#, etc. owe their OOP abilities to C++'s influence. Even Fortran got on the bandwagon.