On Tuesday, 19 July 2016 at 13:33:28 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
On Tuesday, 19 July 2016 at 13:27:37 UTC, qznc wrote:
I don't understand, the anchor link doesn't go anywhere. It's to provide a perma-link to that piece of documentation so you can direct link to it somewhere else.

My guess: "every clickable element has a series of keys shown above it". The permalinks are not clickable unless you hover above, thus no "hinting", thus not useable by keyboard-centric browsers.

Maybe have it always visible and float to the right?

I know why he can't click them, I don't understand why it's a problem.

Suppose I want to link someone to a function doc. I'd go to the doc page, press ';y' (which activates hint yank mode), and then the keys for the anchor. This would yank the anchor URL to my clipboard so i could paste it in my answer. But this won't work because the anchor isn't shown unless I hover it with the mouse, which breaks my flow.

It's a small thing and I'm probably in a minority who work like this, but it would be nice to have unless there's a good reason to hide the anchors. I seem to remember before that you could click the function name to get an anchor link.