On 08/11/2016 05:25 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
On 8/11/2016 7:34 AM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
so no actual code would be lost.

Github dlang is our critical infrastructure, we should treat it
accordingly. I agree we wouldn't lose the code history, but would lose
just about everything else. It would take us days, maybe weeks, to get
things set up again.

Why risk it?

That right there is why gitlab is better. I realize it's too late now, but I kinda wish we had standardized on that instead of github. Unlike gitlab, github takes all the philosophy, purpose, goals and values of git (the very tool it's built for) and throws them straight out the window, replacing them with a traditional, very non-git-like MS/Facebook-style single-point-of-failure walled garden.