On Saturday, 3 September 2016 at 10:33:22 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
I don't think it is a template issue. It's a name lookup issue. There's LINQ in C#, for example.

I think it is.

The problem is lookup of dependent symbols (see C++ two phase lookup). Without real templates, all lookup can be done at definition time. I'm not very familiar with LINQ, but generally C# uses uses interfaces as constraints on generics, similar to traits/type classes. Lookup is then done once, considering only the interfaces, not for each the concrete type.
  • Re: ADL Manu via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: ADL Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: ADL Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: ADL Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: ADL Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: ADL Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: ADL Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: ADL Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: ADL Manu via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: ADL Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: ADL Tobias M via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: ADL ZombineDev via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: ADL Tobias M via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: ADL ZombineDev via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: ADL Tobias M via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: ADL Tobias Müller via Digitalmars-d