On Saturday, 3 September 2016 at 16:10:16 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
.. and from what I've seen, it seems to be the case that just about only the only folks who read it correctly are the ones who use it frequently ..

You know what else is easy to misread?

{
    x;
    y;
    return z;
}();

Because until you reach the () at the end you have no idea whether this is supposed to be an anonymous function to be called elsewhere or a series of statements to be executed right now.

Sure, the comma expression isn't used very often, but when I do need to use it I don't want to have to put garbage syntax like that in my code. When you're reading code and you see `do(` you know straight away what's going on.