On Wednesday, 7 September 2016 at 21:05:32 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
5. In my not-so-humble opinion, construction should never fail and all constructors should be nothrow, but I understand that is a minority viewpoint

100% agree there. I can't think of any class in our C++ codebase that fails construction, and it's a pretty common rule in the games industry to not assert/throw exceptions during construction.

Of course, with Binderoo being open sourced, I can't guarantee any of my end users will be just as disciplined.