On Friday, 9 September 2016 at 07:56:04 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:

There is a direct linear relationship between the generated code and the template body. So If the range of change inside the template body can be linked to the changed range in the binray and we link this to the template parameters we can produce a pure function that can give us the change in the binary code when provided with the template parameters. And the need to rerun the instanciation and code-gen is reduced to just the changed sections.

I am not yet sure if this is viable to implement.

I think I have found a way to avoid subtree-comparisons for the most part and speed them up significantly for the rest. At the expense of limiting the number of compile-time entities (types, expressions ... anything) to a maximum 2^(28) (When using a 64bit id)