On Wednesday, 14 September 2016 at 13:38:21 UTC, Manu wrote:
On 14 September 2016 at 21:36, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:
On 9/14/16 1:50 AM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:

Can we produce formulas, or latex in ddoc? Are there any examples in phobos I can refer to?

https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/blob/master/latex.ddoc

That's the macros file for generating the language spec in LaTeX format.

Ah, wow, yeah I actually saw this when I googled for it before posting here.

I'm just gonna come out and say that I really don't feel like taking the few hours it might take me to try and understand what's going on
here. I really have better things to do...
Considering I don't really know latex either, I just have to wing that, this is like 721 lines of tedious double-indirection, with no examples in sight ;) (yet I'm being hassled about lack of examples!)

I'm kinda feeling ddoc is fairy serious problem. Doxygen is like... a
lot better :/
I'm struggling to produce docs I'm happy with. Formatting is hard,
macros for everything really sucks!

I agree. That's why I quickly gave up on ddoc. The macro system needs to be better designed and documented if that's the route you're going to choose.

That said, if all you want to do is insert equations in the finished documentation, can't you do a simple text substitution on the ddoc output file? I needed equations so I did that when I started. It was a D script with only a few lines of code.