On Wednesday, 14 September 2016 at 11:36:11 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 9/14/16 1:50 AM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
Can we produce formulas, or latex in ddoc? Are there any examples in
phobos I can refer to?

https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/blob/master/latex.ddoc

That's the macros file for generating the language spec in LaTeX format.

I think what the man is asking for is a way to write formulas in DDoc, regardless of output format. Foremost, the math should display well on dlang.org.

If you look at https://dlang.org/phobos/std_mathspecial.html#.gamma, there is some math there. But then if you look at the DDoc source, https://github.com/dlang/phobos/blob/master/std/mathspecial.d, it's pretty terrible how to get it done, and it is very limited (how would you get "sqrt(x+y)" to display well, or probably what Manu wants, how to get matrix math to display well?).

A great addition to DDoc would be to allow LaTeX bits, like doxygen does, and render it nicely for both web and PDF output. You just mark a piece of text as <LatexStartsHere>....<LatexOut>.