On Friday, 16 September 2016 at 16:03:44 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

It isn't really a difficult process and it is only 62 lines of code in my doc gen source. I don't do as much validation as Wikipedia but even if it were to, it'd just be a larger source file, no real trouble for the end user.

This isn't really a difficult problem!

I think that's better as a third-party tool though. MathJax and KaTeX require no changes to the current workflow. You have to be able to build your documentation using DMD. If someone prefers images, they can run their .d file through your option, and be responsible for the additional setup.