On 09/16/2016 12:07 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2016-09-16 16:39, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

Jacob, would you want to try your hand at tweaking the defaults? They
are in a string in https://github.com/dlang/dmd/blob/master/src/doc.d.
Clearly there's agreement these can be improved, and it's incredibly
more productive to just improve the content instead of arguing how it
could. Thanks!! -- Andrei

My design skills are quite limited. The theme I'm using for TextMate is
basically the same as Apple is using for their documentation. But now
when I tried to find a link to it, I see that they've changed the design.

If I can use what I already have it might not be that much work.

That would be awesome!

Two questions:

* Can we have DMD output a separate CSS file? What will avoid the colon
issue mentioned before and avoid the need to have 300-500 lines of CSS
code in each HTML document

I'd say we start without a separate CSS file. When the need for it becomes obvious, we can do that. What would be great is that your initiative isn't forestalled by the need for some other work.

* Can we create a new macro which will be used for each source code line
in examples enclosed in "---"? That would allow to add line numbers with
CSS

We can, and we should (there are js solutions too). Again, let's get the ball rolling and amplify this as needed.

Thanks!

Andrei