On 9/17/16 5:29 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
On 9/16/2016 11:53 PM, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
There is indeed a separate macro engine [1] contained in the ddox
repo. Neither
DDMD, nor libddoc existed at the time and DMD's implementation was
written in,
from a D POV, very alien C style, with no suitable structure to
extract high
level information, so instead of porting it, I instead tried to
implement a
processor from the spec [1]. However, it turned out that the spec is not
sufficient at all, so a lot of changes were necessary over time to
work out
those small differences. I'd like to improve the docs, but I'm still not
confident that my implementation's behavior is always equivalent (as
this issue
shows).

I've factored out the Ddoc macro code into a separate component:

https://digitalmars.com/sargon/textmac.html

Cool. The way the whole establishment should work is that all surface syntax rewrites itself into macros, and expand() is invoked as the last step. -- Andrei