On 9/17/16 11:31 AM, John Colvin wrote:
Ignorant here: Why would the foundation need a brokerage account?

Companies (non-profits included) usually have some cash lying around. Some of that cash is needed for operational expenses (salaries, rents, utilities, bills etc) and for more rare expenses (such as DConf). (Our operational expenses are low, but we expect them to grow.) If there's more cash than necessary for the company to run for a few months, it makes sense to invest that cash in order to make more money from it, which returns back to the coffers of the company. -- Andrei