On Friday, 16 September 2016 at 08:51:24 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
[...]

I just found http://llvm.org/docs/doxygen/html/FoldingSet_8h_source.html, So it looks like the llvm guys are already using the intern-everything approach, It makes sense since in ssa based forms this is pretty easy to do, and a logical step.

This further strengthens by believe that this is worthwhile.

..

Aww it's everytime I think I came up with something really clever, I discover later that someone else has already done it ... Well I guess that just means I am not too far of the mark :)