Thanks. Well this kinda boils down to a tautology. I remember my wife asked me
once "what kind of insurance could protect us against anything"? There isn't one
(which is kinda terrifying first time you realize it). In the US, as an aside, I
don't think there is even a medical insurance that could protect you from
financial ruin in all cases.

There is no easy option, and there is no risk-free option - so obviously we
aren't looking for such.

My fatalistic view is if the market tanks that badly, it'll bring down everything else with it.