On Wednesday, 21 September 2016 at 16:13:13 UTC, bachmeier wrote:

To someone like me, who has done little web development, that documentation isn't very helpful. I have copies of both D Web Development and Learning D (which includes a nice example) and *that* got me going. Overall, there are currently better alternatives to Vibe.d for someone wanting to learn web development.

Well, it depends on what you want / need: server development or D + server development. If it's server development, there are loads of options and you don't need to go the lengths of learning D.

In my case, I had loads of stuff written in D and wanted to use it as a web service. Thus, vibe.d was the obvious choice. I knew almost nothing about server development when I started and found out that it's not vibe.d's lack of documentation, but how servers work that is the biggest obstacle. Once you know how certain things work, it's no longer so hard find out how to do it with vibe.d, e.g. when and how to set headers "Access-Control-Allow-Origin", "Accept-Ranges". But the reason you have to set these headers has nothing to do with vibe.d, but with HTTP, Javascript and browsers.