On Thursday, 13 October 2016 at 19:06:26 UTC, Karabuta wrote:
I assume the purpose for those demonstrations are to win the interest of the user as to how easy and clean D code can be. Then why;

// Round floating point numbers
import std.algorithm, std.conv, std.functional,
    std.math, std.regex, std.stdio;

alias round = pipe!(to!real, std.math.round, to!string);
static reFloatingPoint = ctRegex!`[0-9]+\.[0-9]+`;

void main()
{
    // Replace anything that looks like a real
    // number with the rounded equivalent.
    stdin
        .byLine
        .map!(l => l.replaceAll!(c => c.hit.round)
                                (reFloatingPoint))
        .each!writeln;
}

How is a new visitor supposed to know "!" is for templates and not some complicated syntax?

I agree, something friendly and familiar would be called for. Instead we have weird float-rounding programs.

The goal of such program should be to push the reader to continue reading by apealing to familiarty. I think this strongly conveys the message that D is complicated and "not for me".

See also:
https://golang.org/
https://www.rust-lang.org/fr-FR/
https://crystal-lang.org/
https://www.ruby-lang.org/fr/
https://www.python.org/

Do you notice something? The language branded as "simple" have the simplest landing page programs.