On Thursday, 13 October 2016 at 22:12:42 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
On Thursday, 13 October 2016 at 19:06:26 UTC, Karabuta wrote:

I agree, something friendly and familiar would be called for. Instead we have weird float-rounding programs.

The goal of such program should be to push the reader to continue reading by apealing to familiarty. I think this strongly conveys the message that D is complicated and "not for me".

See also:

Do you notice something? The language branded as "simple" have the simplest landing page programs.

Apparently someone here thinks showing CPU internals is the best way to teach a beginner programming for him to write efficient code from learning stage. The art of teaching does not work that way in the real world.

The "!" is more trouble than good (IMO for the majority). @Adam Roupe did a talk at previous DConf which he testifies to this.