On Sunday, 16 October 2016 at 04:14:42 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 16:22:35 +0000, Nordlöw wrote:

Is there a way to check if a pointer is supposed to point to non-GC allocated memory?

You can check if it *does* point to GC-allocated memory if you use GC internals -- the Pool struct is what you want to look at, and the lookup methods associated with it.

That's in run-time, though. I want it in compile-time so we can optimize away calls to GC.{add,Remove}Range. And that we don't have yet.

Thanks anyway.