On Tuesday, 24 May 2016 at 20:25:18 UTC, Era Scarecrow wrote:
64 bytes? Hmm I had the impression it was going to be far larger...

Well it's been a while since I last touched this topic (or code) so I'll post it, but there's 3 formulas written.

0) compress.c - control code, we are comparing against
1) compress_reduced.c, a drop-in replacement. Shouldn't be any issue with using, although doesn't compress or as fast as it could be. 2) compress_min.d, might need some API reworking, but other than that it is real fast by my tests. 3) compress_big.d, much more memory usage, but compresses similar to compress_min, but does much better compression on large objects that are more normal text like source code.

For sheer speed compress_min is the best choice. although it may not compress as well.

Note: wideint.d is referenced for a compress test, you can change the script to use something else, or copy something and just fill the file in.

https://github.com/rtcvb32/Side-Projects/commit/452532904ca2d43af09bced31854eadc0395f406