On 19 October 2016 at 04:07, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 10/18/2016 01:51 PM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> Andrei has been very vocal about how
>> rvalue references were a horrible mistake in C++
> Please misquote appropriately :o). I said binding rvalues to const ref is
> the mistake that led to the rvalue references complication. That's the
> truth and nothing but the truth, but not the whole truth; one thing is that
> the rvalue references features covers additional things not caused by the
> const ref mistake. -- Andrei

Really? Can you show how allowing passing rvalues as const T& lead to T&&?
I honestly have never heard anything about this connection, and I can't
imagine how they're connected. They seem like orthogonal issues to me...?
Implementing move semantics has nothing to do with passing a temporary?