On Thursday, 17 November 2016 at 04:54:02 UTC, Soulsbane wrote:
On Thursday, 17 November 2016 at 03:46:26 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
On 17/11/2016 11:53 AM, Kim wrote:
Hello

what is the best Lua integration available?

I have found these two so far:
* https://github.com/JakobOvrum/LuaD (only Lua 5.1)
* https://github.com/DerelictOrg/DerelictLua (Lua 5.3)

The former seems better/more active. Are there other similar projects
that I am missing?

Thanks

LuaD is a lot more then just a binding. It does have static bindings to Lua. Where as DerelictLua has dynamic bindings (linking is done at runtime to shared libraries).

Not to mention much more high level(LuaD).

Yes I see the higher level as a weakness. It may save you time to integrate in D, but tries to hide complexity. Hiding complexity can hurt in other ways.

I think I will go for the more C-like binding of DerelictLua; I am fine for the shared libraries binding as I don't need static bindings, but I guess that could be added without too much effort?