On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 11:23:26AM -0500, Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On 11/24/2016 05:09 PM, Dennis Ritchie wrote:
[...]
> > The next question is:
> > What principles guided when choosing between `for (;;) { ... }` and
> > `while (true) { ... }` ?
>
> Personal preference. Nothing more. Programmers have far better things
> to do that fret over the relative merits of two identical constructs
> that have no relative (de)merits over each other.

Far better things?  You mean, like having endless discussions about a
controversial D topic on this forum while procrastinating on the actual
writing of code?  Yeah, I can see that.  :-P

It is of the new things that men tire --- of fashions and proposals and
improvements and change. It is the old things that startle and intoxicate. It
is the old things that are young. -- G.K. Chesterton