On Friday, 25 November 2016 at 15:29:31 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Friday, 25 November 2016 at 15:03:26 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
We need to change the range API then. -- Andrei

That's absurd, popFront is in no way semantically a property, so it should not get @property.

It has been so many years of this being poorly defined. Let's just close the book and officially put the status quo on optional parenthesis in stone: they are optional on zero-argument calls, regardless of @property, and that isn't going to change.

Then this popFront question becomes moot.

This causes a world of pain when you want to pass functions around. Nothing gets my blood pressure up like the following code:

https://forum.dlang.org/post/piktfrtpltmjvjmed...@forum.dlang.org