On Tuesday, 20 December 2016 at 08:41:21 UTC, Benjiro wrote:
F*ck this. Its like talking to walls. Anyway, do what you want. I have my own projects to deal with and i can write around the lacking libraries, documentation etc. Unfortunately, not everybody can and its those people you are hurting with that wiseass attitude. Good luck getting new people motivated in D like that.

What did you expect with a rant like that?

You vented your anger. This is fine. Some concrete actions were already taken (e.g. Andrei filed an issue about writeln). People should do this more often, because core-devs are blind to issues such as writeln documentation. They never look that up. Thanks for that!

However, into your rant mixed proposals in a "wiseass attitude" with lots of bikeshedding potential. Naturally, people react to that and shoot it down. If you want to do something like that again, my advice would be: Delay the proposals until the very end and write in a very humble way. Describing the problems precisely is worth more than coming up with ideas for a solution anyways.