On 02.01.2017 01:47, pineapple wrote:
On Saturday, 31 December 2016 at 17:02:55 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
This extension removes an unforced limitation of the current with
syntax (allows it to occur at top level)

In other words, another aspect of this DIP is that I can write:

  module foo;
  static import std.traits;
  static import bar;
  with (std.traits)
  {
    template Foo(T) if (isAbstractClass!T) {}
  }
  with (bar.SomeEnum)
  {
    enum something = SomeEnumValue;
  }

This is the only expression of the feature I've seen so far that makes
intuitive sense to me.

I'm still not sold on it being a worthy addition but, if it were, then
this is the most promising syntax I've seen so far.

Should be 'static with'. ('with' already has a meaning.)