On Thursday, 9 February 2017 at 05:40:01 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Friday, February 03, 2017 14:43:01 Dominikus Dittes Scherkl via Digitalmars-d wrote:
Any thoughts?

This is really cool, but I have a couple of concerns about this and how it seems deficient in comparison to DIP 1005.
Of course. This is why I called it a "workaround".
But in fact I would prefer to only use local imports instead of some impoting template. But with this workaround in mind, the
implementation of DIP1005 would be much easier (see below).

[...]
The other problem is how much more verbose it is. With DIP 1005, you can do

with(import std.datetime)
auto foo(SysTime st1, SysTime st2, Duration d);

The import is only listed once, whereas with this technique, you have to list it for each symbol. e.g.

auto foo(from!"std.datetime".SysTime st1,
         from!"std.datetime".SysTime st2,
         from!"std.datetime".Duration d);

With my original proposal you would write

auto foo(foo.M.SysTime st1,
         foo.M.SysTime st2,
         foo.M.Duration d)
{