On Wednesday, 15 February 2017 at 17:10:26 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Wednesday, 15 February 2017 at 07:56:00 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
Your documentation is an improvement but it doesn't help when reading the source code.

Yeah, I think there's a few things we can do in the source too. We should find the common combinations and abstract them out, like I said before, isInputRangeOf is potentially useful.

Though, like Andrei, I'm skeptical on doing too much of that, since the combinations can quickly explode and then you just have to search through more to figure out wtf they mean.

That'd help the source and docs if we find the right balance.

I submitted a Phobos PR for `isInputRangeOf`. It was nuked from orbit. I understand why: as you mention, the combinatorial explosion of names is an issue. But: it's a mess rangeifying code when this:

void fun(Foo[] foos);  // yay! readable

becomes:

void fun(R)(R foos) if(isInputRange!R && is(Unqual!(ElementType!R) == Foo);

Ugh.

Atila