On Thursday, 23 February 2017 at 17:02:55 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
On Thursday, 23 February 2017 at 16:25:34 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
[...]

We're in good company: both clang and gcc also do not devirtualize the call when the loopcount is too large (when the loop count is 4, the indirect calls are gone, when it is 160, they are back).

Btw, with PGO, the performance is 4 ms(direct call) vs 6 ms (virtual call). Pathological, but still.

I am submitting a DConf talk on optimization and the cost of D idioms. This gave me some new ideas to present, thanks :)

-Johan

Marking the method as @pure changes anything?