On Monday, 6 March 2017 at 14:49:42 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
Unfortunately, I have no ideas on how to remedy the situation. I also don't know how to get people to stop believing that C is magically fast either, which I think is a similar perception problem.

Writing up a detailed example with code showing how to avoid the GC in the most common situations, posting it on Reddit, and then making it easy to find on dlang.org would be a good start. Given the importance of these issues, it should be one of the first things you see on the homepage.