On Tuesday, 4 April 2017 at 07:21:09 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
On Tuesday, 4 April 2017 at 06:13:24 UTC, evilrat wrote:
On Tuesday, 4 April 2017 at 05:53:00 UTC, Patrick Schluter wrote:
On Tuesday, 4 April 2017 at 05:36:55 UTC, evilrat wrote:
On Tuesday, 4 April 2017 at 05:18:26 UTC, Dukc wrote:
On Tuesday, 4 April 2017 at 02:43:26 UTC, evilrat wrote:
[...]

writeln("Your item: ", someName, " = ", someInt");

????

This works due to variadic args nature of writeln, but the point is that it might be used with simple string assignment and other functions that takes one string, besides, the point is to avoid clutter and improve readability of code.

text("Your item: ", someName, " = ", someInt");

Well, thanks, I guess... But it seems no one else interested in such feature. I get it. Sure this shouldn't be top priority thing and it can(it surely will) be hard to implement in compiler, and this maybe not an option for such a little benefit, but at least I can dream one day it will made it in D, yay.