On Wednesday, 10 May 2017 at 21:03:30 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
Am Wed, 10 May 2017 20:59:33 +0300
schrieb ketmar <ket...@ketmar.no-ip.org>:

> On Wednesday, 10 May 2017 at 11:51:03 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
>> I can't build dmd on Arch Linux anymore. I'm told it's >> because of a binutils update. Annoying.

yeah, the great thing. i was hit by that bus too, and had to mutilate druntime to make unittests work again. lucky me, i'm using static phobos. don't even want to think about the scale of the disaster for people with libphobos2.so...

O.O

Like what will happen to us on Gentoo with libphobos2.so when binutils-2.8 moves to stable here? And can it all be solved by compiling with -fPIC, like is required for hardened installations anyways or are there dmd versions that flat out wont work any longer?

What, in half a year or more? :) I'd say we're safe.