On Friday, 19 May 2017 at 21:04:24 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:

If a template does trigger a static assert,
that static assert is ignored if there is another template in the overload set that could match.

Wow. Didn't know that.
Is this really part of the D grammar?
Sometimes D is soo cool.

Still - too cool for me to see this. I don't like templates looking similar and even taking the same types but the compiler does something too intelligent to avoid an ambiguity.

And it's not visible from the API or documentation - you need to look into the source to disambiguate - I'm not convinced and still consider this bad style.