On Thursday, 15 June 2017 at 15:04:26 UTC, Suliman wrote:
Should D really move to GC-free? I think there is already enough GC-free language on the market. D even now is very complected language, and adding ways to manually managing memory will make it's more complicated.

We need automatic deterministic destruction (and we partially have it, using scope(exit) and structs RAII).

Memory management is only the tip of the iceberg of resource management ; it's the easy problem, where an automated process can to tell which resources aren't needed any more.

However, an instance of a class can hold a lot more than flat memory blocks: threads, file handles, on-disk files, system-wide events, sockets, mutexes, etc.

Freeing the memory of my "TcpServer" instance is mostly useless if I can't reinstanciate a new one because the TCP port is kept open by the freed instance (whose destructor won't be run by the GC).