On Wednesday, 12 July 2017 at 09:38:13 UTC, Martin Tschierschke wrote:
On Monday, 10 July 2017 at 23:01:50 UTC, Luís Marques wrote:
On Monday, 10 July 2017 at 22:39:22 UTC, Petar Kirov [ZombineDev] wrote:
The problem Walter pointed to is that due to integer
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. For me it hasn't proved a problem, but I could see it being if you do a lot of arithmetic with 16-bit integers.

I just want to point out, that my impression is that the maker scene using all this 16 bit Arm Arduino and what ever micro controllers,
would be happy to have D as an alternative for coding in C.
So BetterC and D_16 might attract a way bigger community than many other might think. Even if this reduced language might need to be named D-- :-).
I would like to have a D that throw away all that integer promotion garbage anyway. We have CommonType!(), which is all we need and any promotion to a larger type than the common type of two operands does us no good in any place I can think of.