On 21-04-17 19:03, Mike Wey wrote:
On 04/21/2017 10:27 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Thursday, 20 April 2017 at 23:37:25 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
*Looks* like a server/network issue but behaves like a screwy local issue.

Started happening more in recent weeks.

I don't select automatic checking for messages. I just click on a newsgroup and it fails at differing rates. (Pretty good in the last couple of days.) When it fails, for me the cure is to click on another D newsgroup to make a successful connection and then come back to the failed one; then it always succeeds.

It would be helpful if someone could record a packet capture log (e.g. with Wireshark) of the problem. The information therein could be the first step towards diagnosing the problem.

Ok, here is an Wireshark export of the error and a few successful packets beforehand. Hopefully this gives some insight in whats going on.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6DxRRR3v-n9QzhtZmNEbUQzWmM

The errors seem to be getting more frequent lately. But i nog also get these errors on the GtkD newsgroup (vibenews) so it might be a Thunderbird issue.

Is anybody getting the errors with a different client?

--
Mike Wey