Very interesting post.

My bachelor's thesis was a expert system for stock trading implemented with Borland C++ 1.0, and D would have been a good fit as well if had been an option in 1989, so I understand why you think that financial development will make D popular.

But that's the exact opposite of what trending languages do at the moment (Go, Kotlin, etc).

They care to solve the basic problems of the casual developer : implementing desktop, mobile or web applications.

Not the most interesting jobs maybe, but that's what pays the bill of many of us, the "less skilled" developers who are not engineers.