On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 16:10:05 UTC, Dmitry wrote:
On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 14:05:31 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
Then Windows users need to start contributing. Good or bad, this is not a company deciding how to allocate developer time, it is a volunteer organization. I see a lot of posts of the form "this isn't what group X expects". The response will never be "okay, we'll put a couple of guys on it".

anwered few posts above
https://forum.dlang.org/post/jzoqudtirjrjdutla...@forum.dlang.org

Your claim to have limited D skills doesn't prevent you from writing a blog post detailing the things that are missing for Windows development and showing how other languages deal with them. A lot of work with tooling doesn't require D skills for that matter (for instance, Eclipse plugins are not written in D AFAIK). You can ask the current tool developers how to help, report bugs, make suggestions, fix small bugs,.... The least effective thing to do is to post on the forum that the tools aren't good enough.