On Tuesday, 8 August 2017 at 14:28:30 UTC, meppl wrote:
On Monday, 7 August 2017 at 21:28:52 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
Hi,

as DMD is now under Boost Software License, can I distribute it as part of my commercial product?

I want to provide script support within my application. The idea is to compile the scripts (D coding) to shared libraries and load the shared libraries into the main program.

Kind regards
André

in case your main application is written in D, too: how do you avoid symbol name collisions?

I think it would be nice to load shared libraries while runtime, but i cant, because the symbol names of the imports get duplicated which is not allowed. And D intentionally has no namespace-feature for this

Yes, the main program is in D too. I haven't started prototyping yet, but as far as I know there are some limitations with D calling conventions. Therefore I plan to use Std calling convention instead.

Kind regards
André